View Single Post
Old 08.25.2006, 02:09 AM   #13
EricsTrip
little trouble girl

EricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to behold
I didn't have a camera, sorry. I'm assuming someone out there did and will post the pictures online at some point.

the show was pretty good overall, but not quite as good as the gig they did here two years ago** (although it was still cool to hear Teen Age Riot, which they hadn't done last time). Sound quality seemed pretty decent overall. Lee's voice sounded off key on Eric's Trip; Kim's voice was off early in the gig (she was looking at the soundguy and pointing at her ear like she did on Conan), but seemed to improve by What A Waste.

The between-song banter was kept to a minimum tonight. Thurston was "shocked" to see that so many people showed up in spite of the shit weather. The band apparently enjoyed their late breatfast/early lunch at Mickey's Diner in downtown Saint Paul (note to non-Minnesotans: it's an old abandoned streetcar that was turned into a diner; it's considered a "landmark" by some, but somehow I have spent my entire life in the Twin Cities without bothering to check the place out), and Thurston jokingly asked if it would be a cool place to go for a late night meal after the show (knowing that a crazy mob would probably follow them there if they did go), before deciding to settle for the toxic food-on-a-stick crap served at the fair (Minnesota State Fair = a vegetarians worst nightmare)

As for Kim's attire, I had trouble figuring out whether it was actually supposed to be a dress, or if it was some nighttime smock meant to be slept in and not worn in public.

**please note that my opinion may be affected by the fact that I was a little more excited to hear the Sonic Nurse material two years ago than I was for the Rather Ripped material this time around. Also, the 2004 gig was my first time seeing SY live, and was a longer show (1 hour and 45 minutes versus just 1 hour), although SY didn't really have control over how long they could play tonight.

EricsTrip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|