View Single Post
Old 05.23.2015, 03:34 PM   #47767
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
And it's a DOUBLE album.

I take your point about rock=sex. And I suppose "Hot for Teacher" is an amusing twist. Just gets old. Or maybe I'm a prude.

ha ha ha maybe. and yeah it gets old when it's TOO low IQ

here's a funny writeup on that. it's one of the best things i've ever read on the dc music scene-- not because it's 100% correct but because of what it says about the evolution of "rock" in general. i've posted it here many times before but here it goes again:

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/a...on-the-killjoy

the author (i've met him in person) is a baby boomer. mckaye while technically born within boomer years was a sort of gen-x prophet--slightly ahead of his time. on the one hand the author is right about many things he says, on the other hand he's still worshipping rockstars like it's another era. their ideological split is also generational. of course that doesn't make mckaye less of a prude who deserves some of the hilarious criticism hurled at him. unraveling this ultimately irrelevant cultural dialectic turns out to be an entertaining exercise in the end though. have fun with it.

====

well, fuck, i love this album. people call it protopunk and velvet-underground influenced and that is true, but i can't help also hearing the doors all over it-- it's the keyboards and the blues beat in tracks like roadrunner and astral plane and old world and she cracked that make them sound like the happier cousins of the stooges a little bit... then the album changes into the children of european son or something. instant classic! lololol. (that was a good list of hackneyed expressions in that previous post.) but seriously a great album-- if it had been released when it was recorded i wonder if it would have been ignored or if it would have had a greater influence. we'll never know.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|