View Single Post
Old 06.14.2014, 03:58 PM   #192
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, how cute.

Listen, now that all the "greatest of all time" hyperbole (which I've never indulged in by the way) is finally put to rest can we just get back to enjoying Lebron's otherworldy game on its own merits? The guy will finish like Wilt Chamberlain or more particularly Oscar Robertson, a HOF legend with a few rings and all-time stats. Ain't no shame in that. Personally, I'm happy, I can enjoy Lebron in peace without all the extra hype attached. Would I have preferred to win the Championship? Of course, but I am a good sport about things, particularly tough losses. Is what it is. The Ball Don't Lie, especially when it bounces against your team. At the least, I can say that Lebron had a fair chance by making it to the Finals (AHEM: UNLIKE THE ROCKETS), which is exactly what he and the Heat set out to do. They put themselves in the position to win not 1, not 2, not 3.. Championships and while they didn't win them, we'd all be foolish not at least recognize that they put themselves in the honest position to do just that, which no other team since 1987 had.. Also Lebron is young, I think the entire NBA realizes that he will win at least one more ring, more than likely do what Kobe did and try for one more 3 pete, though clearly Pat Riley will have to retire, because ever since he Trademarked the term "Threepete" NONE of his teams have won it, even with three distinct opportunities now. He jinxed himself!!

Respect to the Spurs.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|