View Single Post
Old 04.13.2020, 06:09 PM   #33
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
What the fuck is this year? Been slipping in and out of depressive states for months now and the whole having to isolate myself shit doesn't exactly help. Haven't physically seen any of my friends or family in a month now. Video chats seem really bizarre to me. I mean, they're great if you're far apart, but if it's with people you'd normally just meet and have a beer with, it's really weird and strikes me as unnatural. And I fucking hate the general social climate right now.

Not being on social media would spare me a lot of proverbial headache, but it's also essential to find out how people I care about are doing during this shitshow. But then there's this whole finger-wagging that's going on online amongst people. And even those you know personally and generally respect are sometimes contributing to this atmosphere of uncertainty, antagonism and flatout panic. There are those who spread BS conspiracy theories, those who think themselves immune to everything and those who are calling for more and more draconian measures without even a hint of doubt.

Being careful makes perfect sense, social distancing makes perfect sense, but damn there've been some grave abuses of law enforcement as of late and our chancelor doesn't even want to comment on Hungary basically having been stripped of its' democracy, because, and I quote: "There isn't enough time for that.". And then there's the calling out game: "Oh my god, they're playing with their children in the park, how dare they in times such as these". Personal privileges are casually disregarded, but people are quick to call others out for doing things that, you know, up until this point have been perfectly normal and given the living situation of many still seem rather reasonable. You can't fucking just stay cooped up all the time with a family if you live in a tiny space. Imagine still having to work at a grocery store or in healthcare on top of that. Or, let's say an unloving, possibly abusive relationship. Of course you'll need some fresh air to cool down. And even if those situations do not apply, it's generally healthy for both your psyche and your immune system to talk walks every now and then. This all seems so fucking unreal. And I feel like a bit of humanity is lost every day. I know, this could easily be in that other thread, but this is kind of personal. From what I've seen so far, I'll say Co-fuckyourself20!

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|