View Single Post
Old 09.29.2009, 06:16 AM   #15
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancykitten
I think both EVOL and Sister badly need a remaster to be honest. It's not about 'changing' the music; it's more taking a DVD and changing it for Blu Ray: everything is clearer and more enjoyable.

Some albums simply don't need the remaster, but those two sound very dense and murky. I think Steve's drumming would benefit the most from it. It's way too buried.

While I would be interested to hear remastered versions, I would be very annoyed if they lifted any of the density or murkiness from those two, especially EVOL. That sonic (no pun intended) character is just what makes that album so amazing. The whole atmosphere of things just being a bit off and cloudy is one of the main reasons that EVOL is my joint favourite Youth album.

With Sister the same is true to a certain extent, but due to the more full on "rock" nature of the album, I suppose I can see the appeal of a louder/cleaner mix, but really if it lifted that murky atmosphere it would do again do more damage than good for me. I can see how a remaster for both would be good, but in all likelyhood the remasters we would actually get, judging by Geffen's taste in the past, would be... not good.

As to the drums thing, I really don't know what people always seem to have against them on those two album. They sound amazing! Tom Violence, Expressway, especially Shizophrenia, and basically all of the tracks on those albums have some of my hands down favourite drum sounds ever!

Or just separate all the guitars, bump the volume and flatten the whole thing out. Whatever. I have the originals if they do make sucky remasters.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|