View Single Post
Old 12.30.2016, 09:36 PM   #48398
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
I put it on this morning (OK, it was about 1PM... That's morning for me!) and I couldn't fuckin' believe I'd nearly forgotten how incredibly bitchen "Eyes Like Sparks" is. And it's only one verse "on repeat"!

Stay where you are
Baby, stay away from me
With your eyes like sparks
My heart like gasoline

The whole album R.O.C.K.S. like a motherfucker — in a way it's the solo record Keith Richards should have made but never did nor will. Only BETTER. And Christ on a stick, the HOOKS, the WORDS, the SOLOS, the EXPLOSIVENESS. All done by one cat alone in his basement, yet without the clichés associated with lo-fi shit and one-man bands. Better than Stevie Wonder this thing goddammit.

Oh yeah I love "Eyes Like Sparks" ... "Silent Film Star" (really Rolling Stonesy, that one) OH! And "2 Days Till Tomorrow!"

Stereo had its moments too. I bought them together. But Mono was the triumph.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|