View Single Post
Old 04.29.2009, 05:45 PM   #972
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by killthecaliforniagirls
hey mecha. thanks for the critc. can you explain why the vocals are not your cup of coffee? i know itīs hard - but maybe it could be very constructive for me.

Hmm, I dunno. That's a hard thing to describe. Guess I would say it just isn't the right timber to me. Like the vocals don't service the song the way they should. It lacks a certain emotional caliber. I don't mean to be condescending or anything, who am I to tell anyone how they should sound, but whatever, that's my take on it.

Secret City Sewer Monsters were pretty interesting. I liked how the vocals are pretty much inaudible, don't know if that was intentional or not but I liked it. I probably liked Scaling the Everglades the most. the guitar tone is over the top but that makes it likeable. I usually don't like to say that someone's music makes me think of another band or anything, who wants to hear that they sound like someone else? But that song made me think of these Painteens songs that were in Alien Workshop's Memory Screen. The random moments of woodblock playing (probably a tom rim more likely though) were fun. I also liked I Feel You and Question Desire, assuming they're two different songs (the breaks in the track suggest this). Those songs have pretty neat guitar licks that are delightfully anti-metal if anything. I always kind of disliked the precision of shredding that goes on in most metal. I also like that the drums seem to deviate from the song later in the track.

StevOK's stuff sounds pretty all over the board. All of them sound pretty different from the last one. Rhino Virus demo makes me chuckle, don't know if that's intentional. I Think I liked Untitled Demo 1 the most. I don't really like the beginning, but it goes places that are interesting. Sad Space Machines makes me think of Earthbound, I can't think of which town though. Maybe Twoson, actually I think it's Onette. Sorry for the comparison here too. The wedding song sounds pretty sweet and apt. Fun stuff.
Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|