View Single Post
Old 03.03.2015, 06:59 PM   #38173
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the other day i was at what was nearly a sex party (it wasn't, but almost felt like it, which was great-- edges are nice) and they had fellini's "satiricon" on a wall-- not sure it was the dj's choice but it looked great.

are you looking for black & white or color? and what is your mood of choice? i am working on becoming a movie encyclopaedia (not there yet) so maybe i can make some suggestions.

Well, it wasn't a concrete concept from the get-go but I usually showed films inspired by German Expressionism first and then a random choice for the second one. It's sort of a Goth-event, not completely though (I play a blend of Post-Punk, Goth-Rock, Art Rock, 90s Angst, Synthpop, Shoegaze and some Soul and Blues). I've discovered that 1920s German Expressionist cinema goes incredibly well with my musical choices but it's not exclusive. Anything that is horror-inspired (but not exactly what one would call horror by today's standards), features surreal imagery, a playfully macabre production design or nice chiaroscuro lighting is fair game. Could even be a more modern film, as long as it fits the bill. I just tend to gravitate towards black and white films with a fascinatingly antiquated but creative look to them. Bonus points for subtitles (Another reason, why German Expressionist films were a prefered choice of mine during the first two gigs).

My former choices:

First gig:
1) Das Cabinet Des Dr. Caligari
2) Castaway On The Moon

Second gig:
1) The Man Who Laughs
2) The Seventh Seal

Appreciate your help by the way!

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|