View Single Post
Old 08.30.2012, 07:56 PM   #35
Dr Chocolate
children of satan

Dr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's asses
SISTER was the first album, well, cassette. i ever heard of them back in either 1989 or 1990. it was a SST copy as well, for a fucking $1! The lousy used record store didn't know, and still don't know about "good music" and they end up putting all sorts of really amazing stuff in the $1 bins. like wtf? i found Jason Lowenstein's solo album in there last summer on cd and there aint no way in hell they've never heard of Sebadoh, because they like to sell that shit expensive because being they are the only record store for miles and miles, they can get away with that shit. also, it's a fucking waste of time going into that store anymore. the last time i was in there with a $40 store credit i've had since last fall, and still not a damn thing in there. it's no wonder i don't buy my records locally and have to rely on a friend who lives just outside of town who's "in the know" with one of canadas leading record distributors. and i get all my stuff thru him instead. he ended up getting me the all the 180 gram reissues on lp for a decent price. it all started when he told me about the Daydream Nation boxset, and then went on from there and got Goo & Dirty.

but ya, SISTER does have it's own unique sound. in my minds eye, every album i ever heard after that sounded too polished. and i guess it has to do with that lo-fi sound it was orignally done in. it even makes EVOL sound cleaned up. but i dont care. all their albums makes me shake my fat ass and cause the pictures on the walls to not be level anymore.

great, now i got to go put that album on, as i brought all my SY albums with me when i left town.
Dr Chocolate is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|