View Single Post
Old 07.18.2018, 08:26 PM   #2
Sucklechimp
little trouble girl

Sucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's asses
I love you man! I am 20 years your junior (yet still feel old as fuck). It really sucks because I can find virtually nobody in my circle of friends that appreciates SY. Every time I mention the band people nod in agreement, because of course they've heard of them but they have absolutely no clue. It's just like the VU -- everyone has heard of them but no one really knows what it's all about.

In a way I feel like I've been left behind; all my friends are into just other shit. Even if they like weird music they still seem averse to SY on some level. But every single time I listen to SY regardless of what album it is I still hear something new. They are endlessly fascinating to me, and I just wish my other friends could understand where I'm coming from.

SY really reminds me of the Grateful Dead if the Grateful Dead were influenced by punk rock. I watch a lot of the SY concerts on Youtube and am always blown away by their soundscapes. I really like 1997-2001 era when they just got really fucking weird and out there. It's really some psychedelic yet aggressive shit that not a lot of people appreciate, I guess.

I definitely feel like something is missing. I have accepted the fact that nothing lasts forever and 30 years was an incredibly long time. I just know that they could have kept on going, and I always wonder about what it would have sounded like!

Anyways, I love you and it's nice to know someone else loves this band as much as I do.
Sucklechimp is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|