Thread: Album ranking
View Single Post
Old 06.28.2010, 09:48 AM   #1
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe you have done this many times before. I know this is difficult, because I truly think (and maybe everyone else also), that most of the Sonic albums are equally as good. But these lists are not meant to be too serious...
I suggest that you use official album list that is on discography-page, so the only SYR-lp is the fourth. I donīt include my list Screaming fields and Hits are for the squires, because I donīt have them. Hereīs mine:
1. Sister
2. EVOL
3. a Thousand Leaves
4. Murray Street
5. Washing Machine
6. Sonic Nurse
7. a Daydream Nation
8. Made In Usa
9. Dirty
10. Rather Ripped
11. the Eternal
12. Goo
13. the Destroyed Room
14. Whitey Album
15. Bad Moon Rising
16. Confusion is sex
17. Sonic Youth
18. NYC Ghost and flowers
19. Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No-stars
20. Sonic Death
21. SYR 4: Goodbye 20th Century

My list doesnīt mean, that SYR4 is bad, there is no bad Sonic Youth album! It is there because I think it hasnīt got as much "The core sonic sound" as the others. The first four lp:s are also in the end of the list, because I think Sonic Youth havenīt yet found their "core sound". They are still very good albums. I was at first a little disappointed about NYC and Experimental, but I have grown to love them also!
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|