View Single Post
Old 07.19.2008, 05:34 AM   #79
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
Hardly anyone has an ounce of fucking charisma anymore...
I mean have you seen fucking vampire weekend? Shit..
I know they are a particularyly awful example but it seems like having no cahrisma and exactly no danger factor is a trend in modern rock.
I mean shit... modern indie rock isn't gonna scare anyone's parents.
And none of the metal people have any rockstar qauality..

I can definitely see a time soon when the saturation of bands like Coldplay, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, etc, creates a massive critical backlash that will pave the way for a new Guns n Roses type outfit to once again clean up - which will, in itself, lead to yet another Radiohead-of-sorts, and so on. The depressing predictability of Rock is how it never seems able (at least in terms of its more commercial A-List) to break out of this cycle. There's always another Slash waiting in the wings, just as there's always another Jonny Greenwood.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|