View Single Post
Old 09.17.2010, 05:51 PM   #94
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses

I think I was partly inspired by some post asp made sometime in the past about how great Fire Walk With Me is and what a dumb move the show made by revealing who the killer is or something along those lines. But mainly (having known about the show forever and know a guy who loves the hell out of it) I wanted to see it because I was just kind of craving a big multi-character show with a good mystery. The supernatural element in this show has been a happy bonus.

Halfway through season one at the moment, and I've been really enjoying it. Dale Cooper is a legendary character. Kyle MacLachlan probably had a heart attack when he realized he landed a character so good. He's a guy enamored with the small things in life, and while quirky, unorthodox, extremely astute and unabashed, there's zero trace of smugness or malice to his actions. And I just love how Harry and the rest just go along with the weird techniques he comes up with (like throwing a rock at a bottle to decide which person to focus on).

The show is alot more mmm, romance oriented than I expected. Just about everyone has some secret romance going on. Which bizarrely doesn't bring the show down any.

Anyway, to avoid excess, Cooper's dreams are great stuff, I really enjoy the layers coming off the onion that is Twin Peaks and slowly the tying strings are being revealed linking the residents of Twin Peaks together in different ways. And for now I presume Everett McGill's character is the one who killed Laura. Why? Cause Everett McGill is always the villain, unless it's Dune. But they wouldn't give us someone obvious like Leo as the killer. So we'll see. Great show.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|