View Single Post
Old 07.07.2006, 01:42 PM   #46
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
skiesfalling, yeah I got some issues with astown!

working at mopac in north austin, and driving the 7 miles to riverside took A FUCKING HOUR! no matter which way i went! mopac, capitol of texas hwy, lamar, 187, or whatever the name of it is, man that traffic was and is KILLER!

traffic in houston is really not that bad man. especially since all the interstates are being redone with 28 lanes eaither direction. ha ha!

but for real, I just had the worst time of my life living there in austin.

I'd hang out at Fringeware bookstore, the best damn oplace in austin, and watch as noone bought anything, epople would take advantage of them, never actually supporting the store, even though the people there were fantastic and they had everything a literate underground needs. I bought Ralph Steadman's hardcover book (around $80 that I had to save for months to get because the pay in austin was terrible) and the clerk told me that I was the first person in weeks to buy anything, ANYTHINGm, even a comic book or a magazine. yet I saw dozens fo people there daily.

that attitude permeates everythng there. when you grow up in a city where the "cool" and th "hip" is so easily accesible to you from 6th grade on it makes for a very jaded scene. people are fickle there! seriously fickle. the heyday of the austin music scene peaked in the 80's.

although trail of dead kicked ass

I do go to the museums every week though.

and BTW, Houston is the greenest lushest most heavily treed BIG city in thios country. from my vantage pioint 47 stories up the heritage tower in downtown all I see is a field of thick green trees. it is quite beautiful.