View Single Post
Old 03.25.2011, 11:40 AM   #6
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Wheel Memory
Last night, i went to see Mike Watt at the Mercury Lounge in NYC. The band immediately before him was called LITE. I had never heard of them before, but apparently, Watt hand-picked them for the show, as they've toured together in Japan. They were four young Japanese guys, and this was their first ever show in the U.S.

They blew my mind. It was entirely instrumental, with a sort of prog-rock, metal sound, with loads of energy, odd rhythmic changes and some beautiful, shimmering moments. The bass player was like Chris Squire on speed. Overall, it may have been one of the ten best live musical performances I've ever seen. The audience was totally into it and gave them some pretty heavy applause. And the band was very humble. The way the one guy said "we are fucking happy to be here" in his nervous, awkward sounding English was pretty funny.

myspace.com/liteband

Saw Mike Watt and the Missingmen last night Lite played with them. They were the shit. I was very impressed. They are super nice ppl. I talked to one of the members for a bit in my fast paced southern accent. Think I confused him. He was genuinly happy to be in my town which is fucking awesome. Great sounds.

And Mike Watt kicked ass btw. The new album is fucking great. He did the whole album at the set. Twas a great night.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|