View Single Post
Old 02.16.2014, 08:40 PM   #49
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelocia
Part of the reason I'm not the biggest fan of Rather Ripped overall is because of Jim's absence. In my opinion, Murray Street and Sonic Nurse are the closest albums that SY had to masterpieces since their albums from the late 80's and early 90's. The only 90's vibe I get from RR is due to the line up of the band, not the songs themselves. I too have a huge soft-spot for angsty 90's music. It's pretty much the only music I listen to. Ha.

Great post! I totally miss Jim, I think that his involvement made 1998-2005 even BETTER than those peak mid-80 years. Jim seemed to add more underlying structure and symmetry, which allowed for Thurston and Steve explore more range in their guitar work. Really, it came down to the fact that Jim was a totally better bass player than Kim

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|