View Single Post
Old 02.18.2014, 06:01 PM   #1
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Hi everyone,

This thread had more reported posts than any other thread since a few of us were made moderators to deal with dozens and dozens of daily spambot posts. In fact, these may be the first non-spam posts that I've seen reported, though I'm not 100% sure about that...

As I mentioned in that thread, I don't read the Non-Sonics forums so I feel particularly lame coming in here and making a sticky thread telling you all to play nice, but here's what happened:

- multiple people reported gast30's posts due to their hateful content
- I looked at the thread and saw people on both sides of the argument, so I looked at gast's posting history and agreed that it was a little disturbing
- I asked the other moderators for advice, we agreed to issue a warning to gast
- I contacted gast to encourage him to try to enjoy the forum without using words like jew, gay, ape, etc in a deliberately incendiary manner
- gast replied with a long message basically disagreeing with my request and saying he would no longer visit the forum

So, here we are. I replied and encouraged gast not to leave, but it's been about a week without response. I didn't intend to drive him away, BUT...

It is the stance of the moderators that while heated debates, nasty arguments, and otherwise dissenting opinions are the seeming lifeblood of this Non-Sonics forum, it should be done without using language that outright attacks individuals in a hateful manner - I don't think I need to explain this further (the thread linked above is a fine example). Any posts that cross this line (and we recognize that it's a blurry, individual line) should be reported and we'll take a look.

Again, I doubt this will be an issue since you all seem to be doing fine so far in your crazy corner of this forum. I'm only posting this long-winded sermon in the interest of transparency and to clearly state what should otherwise be obvious: NO FUCKING HATE SPEECH, DAMMIT!!!

Thank you!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|