View Single Post
Old 05.11.2016, 05:21 PM   #81
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkcip
a pool, in the shape of a moon. and everything that it entails, however problematic

Yeah, but "moon" isn't a shape. The moon is an imperfect sphere. The title basically translates to "spherical pool." I think the title may mean nothing and just be one of those "hey, fuck it, it sounds cool" things.

Although... I suppose it could be a global warming reference. The world is well on its way to looking like a giant sphere of water. Plus, this is a subject that's close to the band's heart. The choice to use the word "pool" might suggest that people are supposed to use or inhabit the titular phenomenon, which would certainly be the case if the poles melted.

Actually, I think that is probably what the title is a reference to. Radiohead love apocalyptic imagery, and they have a history of being politically vocal.

That's my take anyway. That or the "fuck it it sounds cool" thing.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|