View Single Post
Old 07.06.2006, 01:33 PM   #89
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheii
Am I the only one who finds it appalling that people on this message board feel so strongly about the music that they listen to, that they go so far as to tell other people which thoughts/ideas/opinions about this music are acceptable and which ones aren't? Defend it all you want with yr silly-ass logic that tries to illustrate the one true path of the free thinker--a path that doesn't exist, mind--but I think that this behavior is a tremendous setback for the music & arts community as a whole. If I say: "Lightning Bolt are worth less than pig's vomit," that's a valid statement because it's what I think of them. If I think Black Dice are the same thing as TLC, the same rules apply. No matter what forces of artistic greatness supposedly reside inside the music that you listen to, there's always going to be someone who, for perfectly valid and illogical reasons, disagrees with you. And so what?

My whole point was not to tell Daycare that I thought his opinion was wrong; I was more trying to get him to admit that LB have put a lot of time and effort into their craft, built a devoted following and deserve some credit. I think being able to admit that something you don't personally like has intrinsic value is part of being a well-rounded listener and appreciator of music.

Matters of taste are far different, and everyone has their own taste.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|