View Single Post
Old 03.26.2006, 09:18 AM   #6
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by top 40 squeeze
Yeah... Wu-Tang that's good. I think rap as a genre might have some of the most spot-on rated artists involved, while at the same time perpetuating the highest proportion of overrated, arrogant, self aggrandizing jerk-offs.

I think rap has a lot of the most underappreciated artists within a genre (mind you, this is not the same as underrated), especially by younger listeners. NWA and Public Enemy, while not underrated, definitely don't get the recognition they deserve by all these wet-eared pseudo-gangstas claiming to love rap. I think the Beastie Boys are perfectly rated (they are a cultural icon, but not unduly worshipped), and perhaps Ice Cube - he's decent, but just kind of, well, there.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|