View Single Post
Old 05.08.2016, 10:16 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I actually agree. He's a great singer, but he is without a doubt the weakest link in the band. My favorite records are kid a and Hail to the Thief, partly because they mix things up with his vocals a bit. Kid a features minimal, distorted, effect-heavy vocals, while Hail to the Thief finds Yorke using his voice in a few more intersting and varied ways ("Punchup at a weeding," "Wolf at the Door," "Myxomatosis.")

I usually prefer spacey experimental rock that focuses primarily on the music, with vocal sections acting more like self-contained interludes within songs. I think Radiohead would benefit from doing more of this kind of thing, letting the songs breathe...

Also... You were 15 in 2011? Damn man. I had no idea you were such a pup. I'm glad that there are some Youngblood SY fans out there though. More than glad... I'm heartened by it. Cheers to you, sir (or, like, boy).

You guys are being ridiculous. Thom York IS radiohead. I mean, I get what you are saying, its why I basically don't listen to Led Zeppelin because I loath the sound of Robert Plant's effeminate wailing.. BUT on the same token if you like Zep you like Plant or you just don't like Zep which I don't like Zep. So if you like radiohead you either like Thom's voice or you really just don't like radiohead and haven't come to terms with it yet

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|