View Single Post
Old 06.20.2009, 09:58 PM   #155
mindbomb
little trouble girl

mindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushmanski57@hotmail.com
Woke up this morning to the UPS guy ringing my doorbell to drop off the package from Matador. Inside was my copy of the Eternal on CD (really strapped for cash, didn't want to shell out for the LP at the time but regret that now), the Battery Park LP, and two samplers from Matador and 4AD/Rough Trade respectively. Oh yeah, and the poster, which is one that was for the promotion of Sensational Fix and is all in French.

Am I really the first to receive my copy? I figured it'd take awhile, as I'm in Canada, but I haven't seen anyone else post about theirs yet.

I drove to Hamilton,ON to pickup the disc from Dr.Disc right next to Sonic Unyon's Headquarters. The Unyon camp didn't seem too thrilled about the release but they may have changed their minds by now as I was quite excited to be picking up the disc since I've sadly downloaded the last 2 major alumns but bought Thurston's 'Trees Outside....'. I also bought a couple tickets to the Massey Hall show in Toronto. Sweet.

I must admit the one figure in the artwork looks like Conan Obrien. I'm thinking it's a marketing ploy as Conan recently switched to The Tonight Show even though they're playing Jimmy Fallon anyway(Mon.June22). Maybe Sonic Youth are upset Conan left New York. Who cares? I do.
Long live Sonic Youth! I figure another 15 years with the energy they have.
mindbomb is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|