View Single Post
Old 06.17.2009, 06:12 PM   #152
perverzion
little trouble girl

perverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's assesperverzion kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetengine
I'm not saying we can go back to the days when every little pharmacy or hardware store in Nowheresville, Canada or U.S.A. had an LP bin and an 8-track rack next to the ice cream refrigerator or plastic-wrap dispenser (although the '70s were a great time, weren't they?); however, it seems to me that record companies and (in some cases) the acts themselves are driving a greater and greater distance between their products and the record-buying public. Inaccessibility is increasingly the order of the day. The whole process of purchasing an album can now involve going through so many near-impossible ‘filters’ or ‘channels’. Think about it: Find a record store→doesn't carry the new album→Walmart only→Starbucks only→pre-order with surprise bonuses→Find it online→PayPal only→“don't own a credit card”→limited to 500 copies→etc., etc. Bearing all this in mind, any sensible person can only conclude that the whole illegal downloading/file sharing/CD-r burning phenomenon of recent years is no longer the problem (if it ever truly was), it's quite often the only solution.

[/size][/font]

I COMPLETELY agree with that!
perverzion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|