View Single Post
Old 03.23.2008, 04:08 AM   #3
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasteinmen
I don't know if there is thread dedicated to this song but I just want to express how much I love it.
It's so different, and that droning part of the guitar sliding down and up gives the song a real something of something unexplainable, like a distance sound.
I can totally understand how it has become a sy anthem.
I've recently obtained the edit version, and although the album version is the version i love, the edit is good for compilations, i love that crackling sound at the end, and if anybody knows how to do that then please tell me!

The crackling sound at the end is the sound of a looped groove record, which is how the vinyl of Evol was put out. When you played "Expressway" at the end it hit a ridge and bounced back and just kept doing that for as long as you left the needle running into it. The time was listed as the infinity symbol too.

Lee did this same trick on every track of his solo album From Here to Infinity, which came out not too much further in the future. In both cases, when the music was mastered to cd, they put a little bit of the vinyl looped grooves onto the appropriate tracks.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|