View Single Post
Old 06.29.2012, 08:03 AM   #1659
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the stupid fucker! zonal marking had a better assessment of the situation than him:

1) However, it might be wise for Germany to sit slightly deeper than usual. If they press relentlessly in midfield, they risk becoming overrun in the centre of the pitch, because Italy have extra players in there, and have the passing skills to work the ball past Germany’s players. For all Low’s talk of not letting Italy dictate the tempo of the match, the simple midfield numbers game might make this unavoidable at points.

exactly what happened

2) Germany may be good in possession – but they’re also the competition’s best side at transitions, and that ability might be more useful against an Italian side that hasn’t been sufficiently been tested in that respect, aside from brief moments against Ireland, when they looked vulnerable to quick wingers.

and yet, during the whole first half, germany attacked through the middle

also, gomez totally cracking under pressure = FAIL

and why podolski why o why

Zonalmarking have done an excellent indepth analysis of the game, now. Do those guys even sleep?

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/06/...otelli-double/

They seem to come to the conclusion that Loew fiddled with Germany's formation but only in a way that compromised their own strengths, while leaving Italy's largely unhindered. I'm pleased that they didn't just talk about Germany's shortcomings, though, heaping praise on Italy's excellent organisation. Ultimately though, I think we can say last night was a tactical fuck up by Loew, whether out of arrogance (rumours that he pretty much saw Italy as no more than an inconvenient fly that needed swatting on the way to the final) or a case of him simply getting it wrong. We certainly can't say Italy had the better players. They were just set up much better than the Germans - for reasons I suspect only Loew really knows.

I'm split about Sunday. It'll be a great game, I think, but while I have a soft spot for a number of Spanish players, there's still a big romance for me with the Italian national team, even when they haven't done well or were playing in their traditional catanaccio style. I put it down to the simple fact they're from the land of Fellini, Sabrina Salerno and pecorino. So as much as I have to admire Germany and even at times enjoy them, I've never really been able to like them. There's just no romantic associations their for me. which means I can now watch the final assured that I won't be disappointed whoever wins. So for me it's a boring but honest case of, may the best team win (with a very quiet "come on Italy".

As an aside, I heard this on a podcast last night: say the word chicken before the surname of every Italian player and it sounds like something you'd order in a restaurant. (with the possible exception of Buffon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfeatencake
This is my EM highlight:

the monster from the black lagoon x godzilla

or so

I really want someone to produce a Balotelli action figure that looks like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
What the fuck is radiohead doing there?

I love the way they always synchronise their outfits.

One of the all-time great football love affairs.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|