View Single Post
Old 05.29.2008, 08:47 AM   #27
deadrockstar
little trouble girl

deadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
why cant they remaster Sister? Is it because they recorded over the Master tapes?

yah.

i think NYCGaF is the best technically produced - it's so fucking clean and clear. murray st would be up there, but it's so without personality.

EJSaNS has all my favourite sonic youth tonal moments, the open string Lee plays on Skink - droolworthy. the string resonates with each pluck before being attacked again. i feel so fucking wired to it, that one guitar part is the closest any band playing guitar has come to producing similar feelings in me to those first analogue synths. i think they expanded on this production through ATL and finally onto NYCGaF to get to what i'd call their digital era.

the production on dirty is awful. ok, awful is a bad choice. it's commercial. i adore that album, though.

bad moon rising is fantastic. whether intentional or not, it really is like having a 5th member.
deadrockstar is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|