View Single Post
Old 05.29.2008, 05:23 AM   #24
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
in fact i don't think it's easy to say. It depends on the angle.
- the production i like best is "Washing machine"'s becuz it really sounds bluesy and weird and classic. So powerful. Everything in its right place. On this record, the production is used as an instrument or a fifth member me think.

- if u listen to Murray St or Nurse, the production adds less "value" to the atmosphere of the record but it's way more powerful, clean so it gives you the opportunuity to really dig each instrument if u have a nice stereo system.

- each time i listen to "Sister" i regret the underwater feeling. This record should be remixed, remastered but we all know it's impossible for technical reasons, which is a shame if not a good anecdote.

- the production of BMR is muddy as fuck which perfectly fits intentions and the songs themselves and same goes for the idea of production being a fifth member on this one also. Imagine BMR with the Murray St production. meh.

- I deeply love the sound of SYR1 + SYR 2 + ATL (that go together) as it's sooooooooo emo? I mean the drums and the guitar tones are set up and played so precisely it gives me the creeps each time.

- the production i like the least would be NYCGF, but that's also because this LP is so minimalistic i was disappointed, but i learnt to listen to it a different way.

- AND what about Goo + Dirty? Well i love the sound of both. So much more powerful and sonic than the other LPs.

To each his own i guess
sorry i'm a fan.