View Single Post
Old 04.16.2015, 08:47 PM   #631
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I really appreciate TPAB and all. But honestly I don't like it as much as GKMC or Section80. Just being straight up.

And y'all might think I'm weird, but I've found myself listening to the new Earl, new Drake, new Bronson, new Joey Bada$$ more than the new Kendrick.

You're not weird.

I mean, To Pimp a Butterfly is certainly my favorite hip hop album of 2015 so far, but I listened to it so much in the first week that I haven't had it back on since (not counting the appearances it makes during "shuffle" sessions on my iPod).

I also still like good kid, mAAd city better, but only because of the nostalgia, the time I've spent with it, the countless times I've blasted it from start to finish.

I think TPaB is a huge record, and possibly a turning point for hip hop as a whole. However, sometimes I just want to put on something badass and a little goofy and thug the fuck out I my way to work or whatever. So I listen to other albums more as well. Like, yeah- Action Bronson, the new Curren$y, Ghostface & BadBadNotGood...

And it may actually be that I prefer Lupe's Tetsuo & Youth to TPaB, if I'm being honest. I pretty much thought Lupe was done. To have him back and better than ever is a pretty fucking awesome thing. Kendrick's album was going to be a success no matter what. But Tetsuo is still kind of a mystery... I still wonder if Lupe "did" it. But whenever "Mural" gets pumping, it all becomes very clear indeed.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|