View Single Post
Old 03.18.2015, 02:35 PM   #18
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
This was always the stupidest "holiday" to me, coming over to US from Puerto Rico when I was 8 years old.

Columbus Day was a de facto Italian holiday but no one gives a shit about it anymore.

At least in the southern and southwestern US the gringos treat Cinco de Mayo like it means something. It is like the most minor of civic holidays in Mexico.

Yet, every day in USA is let's suck the refined shits out of England's asshole day. Not a single news cyce goes by without some stupid bullshit attempting to keep the UK's wheelings and dealings relevant. Lately it has been that Prince William's wife has bought clothes that match her huge aristocratic Sapphire ring.. wow. england rules....

It is all bullshit. holidays in USA make no fucking sense. Any small group that raises a big enough stink will get a "holiday" for them, soon to be forgotten. Martin Luther King Jr Day is not even observed by much of business. In Texas there is Juneteenth, the anniversary of the freeing of Texas slaves, but it is treated like a joke by the white media, and that ridicule keeps many black folks from truly commemorating it.

In NYC there is a Puerto Rican Day parade,and every single year, the media discusses how some people got drunk, some got violent, and that ladies were showing their thick thighs and asses, painting all revelers with the same dirty brush.

fuck that shit.

The holidays that should actually matter to America, Thanksgiving and the 4th of July for example, are treated like another day to prepare for big sales, big $$$ to spend!

I hate all that shit.

rant over