View Single Post
Old 07.16.2009, 01:59 PM   #166
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Na, you got the songs right. After the house lights came on, I was feeling a little jipped about no second encore...but in hindsight, we still saw about as much as most other shows I suppose...

Other details of the Dallas show:
Thurston was actually pretty tame and mild at this show too. Not a lot of banter, but there was one pretty long chatty part before Leaky Lifeboat. "Dallas in the summertime is like heaven on earth." Pretty sure he was sarcastically referencing the HEAT during the day, omg...was such a hot day! Wondering if the heat during the daytime did not make him a little tired for the show, ha.

Kim introduced Shaking Hell, saying "This is an older one, it's called Shaking Hell. It's for Coco, it's a request..." Not sure exactly what that was about, but I am assuming maybe they ran into another girl that day named Coco or something, who requested it. Unless maybe their daughter is on tour with them and really wanted to see it that night? Still confused a bit on that one. What really bummed me out though, was Thurston went right into Making the Nature Scene after she said it, and they all looked at him like, "what are you doing, man?!?" Then he stopped and started Shaking Hell. That was a really serious tease for me, since I have not seen Nature Scene live yet...

Band was pretty spot on and solid for most of the show. There were a few missed cues and parts that were not "on" (Shaking Hell for example, Kim was way "off-beat" with Thurston's bass, but it still all worked out well in the end. I gotta say, too...as far as the Poison Arrow discussion goes, I actually really enjoyed it live, a lot. Lee's part really comes out nicely, and was fun to watch.

Sorry to write so much about this show in the "setlists" thread, but just thought I might share, and did not want to start another whole thread.

See ya tonight in Tulsa! Cain's has always been a fav local venue of mine. I hope any of you first-timers there enjoy it.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|