View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 01:41 PM   #70
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitstain
chabib, i think you have an overly simplistic view of people and the internet by thinking its more complicated and insincere and manipulative than it is. most people are just excited to hear stuff and get into stuff. they are trying to tap into the world and see what people are up to. maybe a little too much myspace for you?

if sonic youth wanted to control the way their music was presented, if they truly wanted to do this, they could. but instead they choose to go down a road that is burdened by boundaries where the options for control over your art is limited.

I won't even bother reading this entire thread, because the answer is painfully simple.

You can cite curiousity, enthusiasm, good intentions, 'dangers' of the industry, etc. It's all bullshit.

You claim SY ought to accept the leakage to a degree, because it's an inherent risk given their choice of dissemination and today's technological mediums.

How about some personal accountability? The answer to this little moral debate is simple enough for me -

If SY wanted you to hear the album before its release, Kim would be standing on your doorstep with your very own copy, and you'd get a cookie for being special.

But that isn't happening. So keep your pants on, wait for the release, and, most importantly -

Show some fucking respect.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|