View Single Post
Old 08.09.2017, 03:34 PM   #1504
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha ha, jack!

yeah he was brought on to add some necessary cheer and "heroism" or whatever. since rose is so helpless till the end, and the doctor a bumbling pacifist. so they needed a trigger happy "american" i guess. oh yeah the the wink wink sex thing you mentioned too right yes? like i was saying elsewhere, a lot of art is about gender these days as we're due for a massive software update.

Jack has some great moments but, I dunno, I just don't want to know about that stuff in Doctor Who. It's not the gay angle but the sex angle generally. it just seems out of place in a series whose main character I've always considered as essentially asexual - not difficult when you remember the people who played him before the reboot. But it also goes for the companions. There were obviously plenty of crushes on Sarah Jane and Leela but the stories never exploited or really pandered to them.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|