View Single Post
Old 03.10.2015, 10:34 PM   #354
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
That better not be the goddamn Kendrick cover. It looks like the nonsense cover of some UK hard bass dub producer's self-released single.

Also, it's dynamically similar to the "kitchen table" cover of good kidd, with similar angles and directed focus. It will look samey next to its predecessor on the shelf, and not in a good way, like Sacred Bones releases often look alike, for instance.

I don't think that's going to be the cover.
I also don't think To Pimp A Butterfly is going to be the title, because it's bogus. Kendrick's secret weapon is that he's hard as fuck beneath that dough-eyed exterior. His flows, even his more somber and mellow ones, could easily be turned into machine gun bangers with just a sped up meter. I think he needs to *not* become the peace-lily flower child behind songs like"i."

I think he needs to stay on his toes and keep a rough and rugged air about him. He's a mesmerizing rapper, and I want to hear an LP-version of his live show, which is almost superhuman in its intensity.

Yet another rapper that reminds me of Muhammad Ali. And not just because I have way too little to think about.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|