View Single Post
Old 10.03.2016, 12:01 PM   #19700
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
I FOUND DER TODESKING

Excellent! Really interested to know what you think. Hope you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

also finally saw THE HILLS HAVE EYES. which started kinda meh but ended up really good and a lot of fun. wasn't "scary", ended up being more a kind of action film for me. funny thing that you see a torn poster of jaws inside the trailer of the hills have eyes, and then in the basement of the evil dead there's a torn poster of the hills have eyes, ha ha ha. i'm starting to think that the movie horror business is a kind of mutual appreciation society.

Was it the remake or the original? I don't mind the remake but i didn't like how it seemed to try and make the cannibal family seem almost like victims. Wes Craven's original is fantastic. Less violent but far more brutal because it doesn't make too much effort to contextualise anything. I really don't like the current trend of emphasising the social forces behind the creation of iconic monsters. It feels too safe to me. Rob Zombie's Halloween films being among the worst offenders. I'm adult enough to know that 'evil' doesn't exist in a vacuum without having to be constantly reminded of it.

And yeah, there is that mutual appreciation thing in a lot of horror. I like it. It's a bit like bands wearing t shirts of other bands on stage. There'a sense of community in horror that, for whatever reason, I don't see as much in other genres.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|