View Single Post
Old 06.17.2010, 04:23 PM   #251
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
What a waste.

I think that's it. For all my pleasure in seeing Mexico win, I do want to see the best players participating, so I take no real joy in seeing the likes of Ribery likely to go home so early. I definitely don't want a rerun of Euro 2004, where a pretty lacklustre Greece managed to lift the trophy while better teams kept tripping up around them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
If Argentina doesn't start playing better defense they'll be gone in the first round of the knockout stage.

Quite. Argentina look good but not that good. So far they've played eager but quite naive sides and certainly Maradona has shown no signs yet that he has an ability to change tactics when things aren't going well. That's the test for me: how do they come back when they're behind? How do they deal with a really well-drilled defence? They always look capable of scoring but they always look just as likely to concede. So far they've managed to paper over some pretty serious cracks but they won't be able to forever. I'm enjoying their ride for now, but there's lots of question marks with them for me. Personally, I still think Brazil, Holland, Germany, Spain and even England will go further than Argentina - without necessarily being as exciting while they do it.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|