View Single Post
Old 07.10.2012, 08:03 PM   #33
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
alright man. first will offer general comments later , i'm gonna take notes w/ time code repost ad-hoc.

in terms of production values MUCH better than the first one.

#1 sound may not be perfect but i can totally understand what they say. and the annoying canned laughs are gone!

#2 light is also much better than first. yeah you will need to improve things a bit but this is much superior. non-racist technical note: black people need more foot-candles than whitey!

#3 framing + camera moves also way WAY better. you still tend to go for the "lazy" high angle which you should avoid unless for dramatic purpose-- remember: eye level is neutral, standing observer POV isn't neutral & frames weird (foreheads talking).

i like the introduction of OTS shots. they work great most of the time!

and the handheld "crane" over the empty wine bag that goes up to them is really cool!

#4 editing works WAY better too because you have more variety of shots to work with. but there is a weird switch between CU and OTS w/ lisa+her friend in the park bench like the timing is off. like it switches the opposite way it should. i'll explain more later. also arthur+justin do that a bit-- also some sound sync issues. o well

one quick specific note off the top of my head when they look at the vomit there is no need for a dissolve, just do a straight cut-- i think that was one leftover dissolve there.

CONGRATS MAN. really, quick turnaround time, lots of improvement, it's beginning to shape up!

i'll also have comments for you on the story, later on, but i think i have to go and rewatch the first one cuz i don't exactly remember what was going on.

anyway congrats again. when did you make the previous one, like 2 months ago? this is a lot of fast improvement!

ps- for some reason i hate the recent epidemic of on-screen puke but i really enjoy this one, it had a more transgressive flavor (ha) than the usual 30-rock nonsense. you should send a copy of this thing to john waters.

pps- vegas: users seem to love it, i've never worked with it. the stabilizer: if you do a lot of handheld yes-- better than a tripod. but the tripod will improve your framing kung fu by forcing you to pick the shots carefully (when you see a fork in the road, take it).
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|