View Single Post
Old 06.18.2010, 01:27 PM   #300
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
this is an idea i've had for a while, and i'm not sure why it isn't used in every sport. have the main ref wear an earpiece... link him to a judge who sits in the dark with endless replay cameras available to him. on any big play or any questionable play he simply tells the ref in play that the call was wrong. he doesn't even have to speak if a correct call was made. actually he doesn't even need an earpiece... just a signal. hell, red light / green light can tell the ref if he made the right call. it is absolutely stupid that everybody at home and the announcers and the fans can see an instant replay and the one person making the call, cannot. sorry but this has been brought up so many times in every sport and there is no logical answer for it.

how wouldn't this work? there is seemingly no downside to me. you even call the guy the "judge" and he can sit in heavily tinted windows so nobody can distract/disturb/affect him. we have raplays available within seconds... much less time than it takes for a player to celebrate a score. and if i'm not mistaken, an earpiece wouldn't slow down or hinder a ref at all.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|