View Single Post
Old 01.22.2008, 11:15 PM   #52
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Only one candidate, John Edwards, has made a promise to bring the troops home within his first year in office.
Ending the occupation of Iraq (where we are hemorrhaging debt at the rate of two billion a week or so) is paramount to getting this economy under some semblance of manageability.
John Edwards is on Late Night with David Letterman tonight. (Diablo Cody is another guest; Josh Ritter is the musical guest).

Edwards, Obama, and Clinton all voted for the illegal Iraq invasion and all three have, in effect, recanted that vote. However, if the foreign policy of each is probed, only one of three, again, John Edwards, is actually against the current occupation. Essentially, Obama and Clinton are straddling the fence on the war.

The only two candidates that have refused to take political action committee campaign contributions are Edwards and Obama. On the other hand, Hillary has accepted more contributions than any other candidate running, be they Democrat or Republican.
Hillary is a crook just like her intelligent and charming husband, Bill. She cannot be trusted. And I'm stating this, relatively, you know, since politicians cannot be trusted in general.

As far as I can tell, none of the Republican candidates can be trusted to do a competent job either. Another person that probably, in the end, in these horribly turbulent times, that cannot be trusted is Barack Obama. Take this however you want to, and I agree with gmku's observations, but the last thing we need is another president who, like our current one, has had a documented history with cocaine abuse.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|