View Single Post
Old 06.24.2014, 09:50 PM   #40
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Def Leppard?

I'm still amazed at the transformation of Def Leppard between, 'High & Dry' and 'Hysteria.' H&D recorded using minimal tracking where Hysteria used for thirty for each song. Thomas Dolby did all of the programming / keyboards on Hysteria for a quick money grab and was insistent he not be credited for ANY OF IT......cost him millions over the years in royalties.

Between 84 - 87 or so, many groups "changed" sounds to something a little more electrical:

ZZ Top - Afterburner
Van Halen - 5150
Ozzy Ozbourne - The Ultimate Sin
Rush - Grace Under Pressure
Yes - 90125

In my opinion, it all started with Alabama's, 'The Closer You Get' release back in 83.

A few months back, Dead-Air allowed his son to pick all the songs for a, 'What's This Called?' that was taking place on his sons birthday. The show started with a track from the new Joan Jett album is it was great! I will be picking up that album soon enough......
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|