View Single Post
Old 09.15.2009, 10:34 PM   #106
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=infinitemusic]Note that "violet" uses the exact same riff as "Garbadge Man", which was written in 1989. The lyrics for "Doll Parts" are not Kurt and neither is the song structure. The only way they're "Kurt" is if you ignore the fact that Courtney spent TONS of time with Kurt working on In Utero's lyrics (By the way, the title of that album was taken from a poem by Courtney) and was hugely influential on them. I mean, she wrote "Pennyroyal Tea"'s lyrics, but they weren't credited to her, were they? Besides, "Dicknail" is an awesome song unless you're a huge pussy who can't handle it. You're a moron and you should be shot. (kidding)

Pennyroyal Tea was played live repeatedly in 1991, before Kurt and Courtney even got together, and the lyrics were about the same, so Courtney claiming she helped write the lyrics to that song (Or really any In Utero song, since many of them were written well before In Utero) is typical Courtney bullshit.

My favorite is when she said she wrote Dumb with Kurt and remembers him writing the chords, yet they played it in 1990 COMPLETELY UNCHANGED from the In Utero version, same lyrics and all.

I don't think Courtney killed Kurt (She was proven to be out of town that day anyway), and I don't believe he was murdered either. I do think though he wrote LTS or a good majority of it.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|