View Single Post
Old 10.09.2010, 06:04 PM   #59
Adolfo
children of satan

Adolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's asses
I was about 9 years old when for the first time i heard Sonic Youth. I'm now 17. So there i was in a room listening to some vinils from my mom's record collection, records like TG's Live in Heaven, U2' Under a blood red sky , JD' Closer, The Cure's Faith etc... basically real cool shit that until this date i still like. On that pile, there was Sister. It seem so fucking strange to me. It was truly delightful all those guitars buzzing in my ears. At that age i already knew some english words, well... enough to decrypt what Schizophrenia was, not that i knew what it meant (i only knew that my grandfather, whom i never seen until this time, had that disease. ). Stereo Sanctity and Pipeline/Kill Time were favorites, but it was Cotton Crown that striked me the most, all that beauty... it was amazing.
Later on when i was 11, i found Goo, another record my mother had in cd. The cover was something. Mote made me want to pick up a guitar and try to play it. And what the fuck was Mildred Pierce? Who would do something like that. addicting.... but my favorite song of that record was Disappearer. So melancholic... i listened to that song hundreds of times...
Adolfo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|