View Single Post
Old 09.09.2012, 06:33 PM   #12
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
That's true but then the fear would be with those people who can't afford the luxury of an emergency money stash. I don't know the ins and outs of the US healthcare system but I'd imagine a person on welfare would have more to fear from contracting a serious illness than someone in a more secure financial position. That's certainly be the case here, even with our national health service.

i think most people who work can actually afford an emergency stash it's just that we're brainwashed into spending every last cent and then going into debt in case of emergencies, and THEN we're fucked for life. postponing the fancy phone for a year for example would let a lot of people set an emergency fund aside--- but shit, who has the willpower to go against the grain instead of copying everyone else.

about the welfare thing, all you need to do is make a baby and that makes you eligible for medicaid (here in 'merica)-- thigs are bound to change with the ACA but I'm not sure how:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicaid#Eligibility

but yeah, it's fucked up, anyway, being broke sucks regardless of when or where or how.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|