Thread: Effects
View Single Post
Old 12.25.2010, 10:22 PM   #1426
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by bischiz
that is good news,

I live in a country far on the other side of the world
-> New Zealand <-
where big muffs cost twice the cost of getting harem fuzz
delivered here, and I like the harem's box better, it looks cool
and is much more strong for sure.

the pedals I have are,

digitech digidelay
digitech digireverb
mxr phase 90

ibanez distortion overdrive (want to replace with harem fuzz)
boss dyna drive (OK but loses bass notes clarity)

some guys in New Zealand use the 'hot cake' overdrive it is
made here by crowther, that is why it has 'NZ' on it.
Thurston uses one, they also sell a hot cake double now
2 overdrives in one box with 2 switches and 2 sets of dials.

bischiz.

interesting i rotate effects often but the usual suspects in my chain are:

dunlop octave fuzz
fulltone ocd (replaced my late 80's /early 90's ProCo Rat)
sitori sonics harem fuzz (replaced my russian sovtek big muff)
line 6 DL4 delay modeler (replaced my digitech pds1002, the one that lee uses...)

i now like the fulttone ocd abit more than the ProCo Rat which i used for a long time, it is abit more dynamic and has a darker tone w/ stronger mids and higher gain that cuts thru better... my digitech pds 1002 i will always love for its beautiful warm delay tone and i still have it but i think the capacitors are going bad in it as the delayed notes are trailing with more and more added distortion as time goes one, though it was never a pristine sounding delay they do happen to go bad with time with these older delay units. i think its the caps or it could be those old panasonic chips which unfortunately are no longer made and not replaceable... i've always wondered about the Crowther Hot Cake but they are expensive to get a hold of here in the states...

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|