View Single Post
Old 04.14.2006, 07:56 PM   #73
pao-lino
bad moon rising

pao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's asses
ah...
after all this dust raised from polemics about leaking this album...well... not blaming anyone, but I dloaded it. I don't feel guilty at all, maybe just a little weak for not resisting, but the temptation was strong and... well, I found it.
I'll buy it for sure, not only for the huge respect I feel towards sonic youth, but because it's a great album.
I recog (and I confess I learned it here in this old-new board) the quality of mp3 is bad, but it's an anticipation, that's it. I remark the real album is the packaged one, I hope with lyrics also (very few sy albums had them written, and that should be done always, especially for foreign listeners, but that's my opinion)
my fave song is reena. I think kim's songs are adorable in this album (jams run out free is a synaptic connection through her usual style and modern pop attitude lali puna like! catchy as hell, sweet, I love kim more and more.)
haven't listen to other tracks that much to """""review it""""".
I don't feel like saying "it's disappointing" because I think it's stupid having aspectatives. sonic youth through years evolved a lot, I can't see another way sonic youth, the organic of the 4 people that play together in this formation from 20 years, could still arrange and play music in such an harmonic and elegant way, I guess this is the way they still have fun playing together and it's fun.
If you're looking for the "alternative stuff, noise riffs, art-rock punctuations etc." and haven't find it here in rather ripped, check their wonderful side projects, check the syrs. this is sonic youth of today, I like to see them as friends of that age (50 yrs old) having fun and expressing their solidity this way.
great album, great point of their carrier, can't wait for the official release.

hey atari, am I in your ignore list? I see you consider a lot of people her "re-something-tards"...that's sad....
pao-lino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|