View Single Post
Old 06.06.2014, 01:13 PM   #4283
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Here's the garlic... (my halitosis will beat you all in the fantasy league)...

Start again, you haven't read what's up there, as it never ever was ever written ever, nope...

French drama: Ribéry withdraws!
I feel sorry, yet I wished he would not have been part of the group as he was injuried. In 2002, France exited very early. They had Zidane with them, but he had to be sidelined for the first two games. When he came in on the third, it was already too late, and his partners seemed more focused on delivering him a good ball than spotting someone else closer to doing something interesting.
Thus some among the French wished for Ribéry to be omitted. That's another blow, for him. He hoped he could clinch the Ballon d'Or, with a brilliant season. That went Ronaldo's way. After that, it went downhill. Didn't play much for Bayern with his back being too painful.

Second surprise, Grenier is out too. No regret. He was meant to be a sub, and he never was any good for the national team anyway.

What to expect of the future world champions?

Goalkeeper: Lloris, who plays for a team that has no room for defenders; he's been average for 12 months now... Some may wish Ruffier gets there, he's punchier, but I don't see that coming.

Defenders: Evra will start and battle (and forget to defend or be beaten by quick opposition).
It's assumed Varane will start too, with Sakho alongside him.
Sakho looks clumsy, but is very good when it comes to get a header, he'll be tough. Koscielny might take his place, but the pundits doubt it. The reason is they fear the moment when he concedes a penalty and/or gets red carded, which is a bit harsh or sad, as, this moment aside, he's quite good.
On the right, it will probably be Debuchy, who is great, but who gets a yellow too often.

Midfield: Cabaye-Matuidi-Pogba
That's where the strenght lies.
Though my favourite pundit (Didier Roustan) is skeptic about Cabaye since his move to PSG.

Creativity:
Valbuena; had a poor season at Marseille but he's always been great for France. He delivered three assists during France-Norway (4-0). He's always been trustworthy when his coaches hesitated between him and another player (like Nasri for instance).

Forward:
Benzema.
The remaining star.
Subs: Giroud (unfortunately, France isn't an offensive side, he won't be used at his best, with his back to goal, assisting the forthcoming Ramsey, alas...)

To replace Ribéry:
Griezmann, 23, more than decent
Rémy, never too convincing in blue
Cabella, who's been called back, and who's interesting

We'll see against Jamaica

Grenier's been replaced by Southampton's Schneiderlin, who has yet to play a game for France. That's fine.

Garlic time, I'm off to the kitchen now.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|