View Single Post
Old 04.04.2012, 02:33 PM   #1230
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
There's the odd mention of how amazing Bayern are this year but we don't really get much Bundesliga on TV. German football has a real image problem in England. It's invariably dismissed as being ruthlessly efficient and played by blokes with mullets and moustaches. And as Ikari mentioned, we build our footballing dreams on men who look like they ought to be flying Spitfires. Not great for Anglo-German relations.

Bayern is great! When Ribery, Robben, Muller and Gomez are on the attack with Schweinsteiger in the middle it's like the fucking Blietzkrig! Ha ha, pushing the war stereotypes to absurdity (and that's a French muslim, a Dutchman, and a son of Spanish immigrants there!). I hope can you catch them on TV one of these days--beautiful offense. Dortmund is also an amazing team though I don't know them so well--I watch every Bayern game that's made available here though.

ESPN3, which streams games on the web here in the Yooessay, plays a lot of German games and only a couple of occasional English ones. Maybe it's a cost thing, since Fox Soccer (yes I said those 2 ugly words) is a premium cable channel that shows Premier League games and they presumably hog the rights. Who knows-- but yeah those stereotypes are bananas. And the chants, the German chants are awesome, by the way. Do you know any other fans in the world who use bits of opera in the stadium? [edit: oh, apparently it happens in japan too -- another axis country, ha ha ha]
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|