View Single Post
Old 04.14.2010, 10:30 PM   #44
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
This really shouldnt be an issue of the religious views of any of us; they are still child rapists. If the same thing were committed by an explicitly atheist group i would want the exact same things to happen.

They were fucking children for recreational fun. Just because its Dawkins calling for it doesnt mean its wrong.
the problem is folks like Dawkins take the horrifying flaws in human religious institutions and condemn the divine because of it. All agreed, these molesting scumbags are not deserving of sympathy, and they are clearly not sincerely religious/faithful men if they are fucking children.. I mean, honestly, why "..fuck with children, they're too small!"

We all agree that fucking children is wrong, but atheists see it as grounds to condemn religion, like an "ah HA!" moment, but as I said before, child molestation is even MORE PREVELANT in our various social institutions even than it is in the Catholic Church! Does Dawkins want to become an anarchist and throw out society?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
If this is true...How can you then follow that statement with this one:Although we disagree about religious belief you can always be relied upon to come up with informed opinion and after discussions with you I often come away with something to think about.

On this point though you appear to have switched your brain off. Your arguments have no substance, it's just sensationalist fluff and rah rah rhetoric (seewhatididthere?).

You misunderstanding me.. sure Dawkins has published some brilliant science, but ALL of his books/articles/blogs/rants/lectures against religion are all fluff. I have NEVER seen Dawkins use any substantial scientific arguments to discredit religion, and I sincerely challenge you to find me an article/book/lecture/blog by Dawkins or Hitchens or any of these blah blah woof woof dudes using scientific data, the scientific method, statistical analysis, equations, etc etc...

Sure, Dawkins is a brilliant scientist, but when it comes to arguing about atheism he is a terrible theologian, and a royal cunt.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|