View Single Post
Old 11.05.2012, 07:29 AM   #34
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
sorry to be a real pain in the arse again but I have to say this: you really don't give a shit about this purported dearth of good music, because your peers listening to Bieber, Gaga et al supposedly portrays you to be "real alt, bro".

yes, I'm 17, I'm not some mythical sage, but coming from experience I think you're being just lazy and elitist. music isn't about constant one-upmanship, it is about listening to what you enjoy. I love SY and the music that I listen to because I am very much a fan of pure complexity and pure immediacy, perhaps skewing towards the former, with my enjoyed music existing at the confluence. now, this is of course mindless judgement for which I apologise in advance, but I think that you enjoy it because it has something of an outsider status within circles of 14 year-olds, and you would like to assume this sort of persona. now I'm sorry but that's fucking ridiculous. again, speaking from experience.

are you not listening to Dino Jr. because you enjoy them? how are you to know that your little teeny-bopper friends don't enjoy their music equally, if not more so? since when is 'underground' music the indelible marker of quality? because the last time I checked the vast majority of it sucks balls and that's the very reason it isn't popular.

apologies for this diatribe, I know I sound like some embittered, jaded old bastard, it isn't necessarily directed at you nor anyone in particular, just at an idea which has been allowed to fester for far too long. the crux of what I am saying is that listen to music because you enjoy it, but don't attempt to impose your likes upon the unwilling.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|