View Single Post
Old 08.23.2014, 09:44 PM   #920
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Hey, did you guys happen to read P4K's (largely bullshit) “Best Tracks” and “Best Albums” of the decade's first half?

If not, lemme break it down for you: it was largely bullshit. Notice how they included albums from this year in the top 20? I guess that's fair enough, but the albums they chose were rather whack, if you ask me.

And look at them, acting as though they even knew who Mac DeMarco or Actress were prior to their breakthrough albums. It's a way to retroactively award themselves cred, and I call bullshit.

YET: Kanye topped the albums list with MBDTF, and my all time favorite Yeezy song, which I didn't know they had such strong feelings about, landed at #3 on the tracks list (talkin' about “Runaway” in case you don't know anything about me).

So I can't totally fault them. But I can certainly fault them a lot.
I get a perverse joy out of reading those lists, but jesus christ. are they actively trying to kill music? they're perhaps the most cynical organisation I've ever come across in the way that they've constructed these movements and then retrospectively eliminated them from this cultural lexicon (for which they're entirely responsible) purely because they don't feel them to be valid...

// I can't support any entity which ups a band like real estate or beach house. I don't even care if they're aesthetically pleasing (to middle-class white kids 'discovering' music because they 'love it' and distracts them from the vacuity of their entire fucking existence), is it among the BEST music to be released? this shouldn't even be a question, although maybe there's some subjectivity in the term...to me, best connotes a piece of work which actually achieves something, which would eliminate 95% of the shit from that list.

lol why the fuck do I care? they've won.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|