View Single Post
Old 01.12.2007, 07:44 PM   #39
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedius
I don't think I like it. I mean I'm having a lot of hard time getting into it.

I mean I like kim's chords alright, and fire engine dream starts out like God but then it gets boring. A lot of the album is, yeah, meandering. I don't feel like it's heading anywhere fancy. Am I wrong to feel this way? If I keep listening to it will it one day hit me mysteriously powerful that this album is the greatest thing since yada yada? Cuz a lot of sonic youth albums do that to me. Sister especially. I didn't like that album at all until one day I loved it.

In other news I just got their self titled and I love it lots thanks.

Really? I find Fire Engine Dream is a perfect length. You brought up a good point about SY though. At first I didn't like Daydream Nation even, and I didn't like anything after the 4 minute mark of Diamond Sea, but now I love them both and they're some of my favorites. It depends on the setting where I listen to long songs. There's no way I'd listen to Absolutego, Black One, SYR, etc... when walking down a hall, but if I'm on a long inter-city bus ride that takes 3 hours, they're perfect.